Lord, I confess I sometimes lash out with words and actions that I regret later. Forgive me for my lack of self-control and teach me to rule over my tongue. Set a guard over my lips this day and every day, that I might not hurt my child nor sin against You. I know that the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that You desire in my life. Produce in my life the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22–23).
- 23 Jan: Guard Her Against Overwhelming Emotions
- 22 Jan: Guard Him Against Basing Self-Worth On Achievement
- 21 Jan: Guard Her Against Basing Self-Worth On Looks
- 20 Jan: Guard Him Against Negative Peer Pressure
- 19 Jan: Guard Her Against Material Temptations