Lord, forgive me for creating idols in my life—things or people I revere or value more than You. Whether it is caring more about raising a child who is successful in the world’s eyes than one who loves You, or caring more about how my child behaves in public than about the private condition of her heart, I repent. Continue to reveal to me my hidden idols, for I know that You are a jealous God and I long to please You.
- 22 Jan: Guard Him Against Basing Self-Worth On Achievement
- 21 Jan: Guard Her Against Basing Self-Worth On Looks
- 20 Jan: Guard Him Against Negative Peer Pressure
- 19 Jan: Guard Her Against Material Temptations
- 18 Jan: May He Be Reassured By You